Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Ancient original, one of the first guitar songs I ever came up with. Very basic, rock song.
But the lead, that's new. I'm having fun with it. :) Needs improvement, of course. I can see that in different ways but I want to try and concentrate on the good for once. I beat myself up when I make mistakes, actually. The warning is in the title of the blog. Mistakes made here, not perfect.
I'm under the weather right now, anyway. Have been for the past couple of days.
My left ankle and foot is grotesquely swollen and forcing me away from the computer. It's gnarly. In fact, let's see...

3 Comments:

Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

I like the lead here! It's sensitive (hm, don't know if you can use that word with music) and soft, and free. I enjoyed this a plenty!

1:14 AM  
Blogger AndyW said...

Of course you can use sensitive when describing music.

Lisa, does this have a title?

Damn, that ankle looks like it hurts.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Thanks Maria, i really like these descriptions, you captured it perfectly!
And hey Andy! Actually, the ancient song originally is a "surf-punk" type song. Played a bit faster, etc.
I always just thought of it as "the surf punk song". lol
The lead is new, and changed it completely!
I'm so bad about titles.
I have a keyboard song, an ancient instrumental keyboard song that is called "Las Vegas Diner In the morning".
(I think I really meant Barstow). :)
In any case, my friends mom really liked "LVDITM" and asked me to play it more than once. :)
But the title, thats my fave song title that I've ever come up with. It captured what I felt/saw in that song. A happy song. A new day dawning, the smell of coffee, maple syrup and fried potatoes, bacon. And hope. :)

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home