Friday, April 07, 2006

Life Isn't Fair-Brand New Song Written Today

I got choked up in the middle of this( remember, we lost our parents 2 years ago).
The people that venture into this territory, LTV, really are reading/listening to the equivalent of a diary. Regarding this song, this is something that I think almost everyone has gone through with a parent at some time in their childhood.
This is a true story.I was remembering this yesterday,and for some reason today it came to me again. So I wrote it:

" Life Isn't Fair" ( What I have so far)

I'm remembering
My mother's face in my mind
I'm remembering a day
When I was a child

And I'm remembering
The sadness in her eyes
There must've been a reason for me to ask her "Why?"
'Cause she said

Life isn't fair
Life isn't fair
Life isn't fair
Life isn't fair

And she looked so sad when she said it
That I began to cry
And she said "Don't you forget it!"
Yet she couldn't tell me "why?"

Life isn't Fair
Life isn't Fair
Life isn't Fair
Life isn't Fair

That's all I have so far. But like I said, this is true. And I couldn't have been more than 7, I think. But to this day I remember the sadness, the...bitterness with which she said it. The resigned, disappointed look.
And I really did cry when she said it, the look on her face, I got scared.It's like I realized that I was going to be in for a hard life.So I'm exorcising ( or excising, cutting out)some personal demons here.
I think this has real potential, and I can't wait to give it a solo!
But even if this is terrible to others, I like it. And Note* If I look like I was crying my eyes out almost literally, I have been! The past couple of days have been really rough in some ways. Talked to my ex-husband last night for several hours. We hadn't talked in almost a year. That should say it all. It was sad. But on the positive side I finally got to say some things I'd been wanting to say for a long time.
Anyway, hope all's well with everyone.:)

13 Comments:

Blogger Mary Beth said...

Hi Lisa,

Well, even though the song comes during a sad week for you, I think it sounds great! It really showcases your voice and your talent.

I'm sorry it's been so rough for you this week. You're right, though - life is unfair. I think we can all relate to that idea, and your song.

I hope your weekend is more cheery for you. You know, shopping always cheers me up - there's always ulta.com! :)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw Thank you so much Mary Beth!! I'm tweaking the words just a tad,
I think I'm going to change the words
"She had no answer why"
to
"She couldn't tell me why"
I think it flows better.Amd it's more true. She gave me an answer, it just wasn't worth a damn. She said "It just isis sometimes,I don't know why!' lol
There's a Jane's Addiction song that reminds me of my Mother. "Then she did."
It's cathartic, doing this song.
It really helps me to hear your good words, was worried about my voice sounding bad, when I was choking up from emotion.
But like I said, this is cathartic.
and yes, there's Ulta.;)xo

8:26 PM  
Blogger E.L. Wisty said...

Music is really special isn't it, the way it allows handling and exorcising difficult and (often) painful issues - the catharcism as you said: I think often for musicians it is easier (and more effective) to express these feelings in a song than in words. I really like both the vocal and the guitar.

4:59 AM  
Blogger elena said...

Hi Lisa,

I really like the song, though it's a quite sad story....and I agree with Maria, you are able to express your feelings in your songs, and that's good...
Hope you are well,

Love,

Elena
XXXXXXX

2:50 PM  
Blogger ginab said...

Highly emotive lyrics call for music. Very generous of you to open up. It's only me guessing, but with the commercialization of music I suspect a majority of listeners don't realize how personal lyrics really are.

-g+bb

10:03 AM  
Blogger Anne-Marie said...

Lisa,
I'm sorry you had such a rough week. I know how emotional it can be to meet up with exes- I had to meet up with mine a month ago to finalise our plans for the divorce, and it was hard in many ways because of the reminiscing and what ifs...
I think your song and lyrics are very moving. I think you really do have something quite beautiful there, waiting to be fine-tuned and developed, and if creating can help you heal and move forward, more power to you, sweetie.

*big hugs*

Cheers,
AM

4:18 PM  
Blogger Alecia said...

Either you have a window that gets a lot of headlight traffic or ghosty keeps showing itself in the upper right corner with a random glowing blue light! WOW! music helps sooth the soul, I can only imagine how it helps you work through your feelings as you write and play something so inspired!

I try to tell my son that sometimes life is not fair but what I try to do is look at those tough times as a question on a test I can not solve.. if I can't answer it I move on to the next one that I can... thereby focusing on the positive - what I do have to work with and build on that. Honestly its the major way I have learned to cope through the hard times... that and having the faith that - this too will pass.... in time.

9:06 PM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Eeeek, you noticed the blue light Alecia!!! I didn't even notice it until I watched the video again yesterday, I think! Freaked me out because I knew that it was supposed to be my TV,I think- except it would light the room up and look different if it was my tV! In fact I
attempted to recreate this affect. Sort of did, kinda. But not really.
And with the TV it never went dark for long periods of time like it does here.It can't be a window because the window is boarded up. Yep. Soundproofed.
That blue light bothers me when it appears to go right up next to the wall, looks so odd. :(
I wondered if anyone else had noticed that light! Now I know!
And thanks everyone for the kind comments ! xoxoxoxoLisa

10:02 PM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

I thought the blue light was a person moving! Don't mean to creep you out, but that was my first impression. I thought you had company, but why would they be in the room in the dark?

7:09 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Yep, it looks the same way to me, too Ticharu. :(
Like a person carrying a blue light walking around.
Like I said, I went over there and examined every piece of electronic I have and none of them have a blue light on them. It would have to be the TV, if it was man made. The TV didn't look like this, though there was a similar shade of light with certain channels. One channel, the TV guide channel, adequately matched the blue color. But it wasn't even close as far as the pattern of flashing. And the brightness. AND the way it went dark for so long in my video. BTW,
It helps having you guys see this with me. I hated seeing this stuff all by myself, and not having anyone
I could tell without looking like a weirdo. :) xoxoxoLisa

7:20 AM  
Blogger Ticharu said...

I can look like a weirdo for BOTH of us!

5:48 PM  
Blogger Alecia said...

Wow! so it is yet another unexplained phenomenon! It kind of looks like it could be a reflection from headlights but that would only be possible if there was a window nearby that could reflect light in from the street.

Hope your doing well lights and all - miss your music posts, I put a link to your blog on my blog just recently!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Nabonidus said...

Aw, I do need to make another one! You're right Alecia! And thanks for linking me, that's so cool.:)
And Ticharu, heheh...I do love your profile pic, speaking of weird. :)
xoxolisa

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home